Show me a company that is not interested in hiring and retaining the best talent and I’ll show you a company that is about to go under.
Concerns over a lack of talent remain top of mind for companies that want an edge over its competition. According to a Gartner survey, CEOs around the world consider talent shortage to be the top emerging risk for their companies. That, coupled with Generation Z’s (Gen Z) increasing demands for a short time-to-hire, more face-to-face communication, and a high-tech hiring process, the competition for top talent continues to grow.
With that said, here are five things to know about this amazing demographic:
- They are ultra-focused and work efficiently. They’re not looking for a 30-year career with a company.
- They’re known as the “digital generation”— they are proficient and sophisticated in navigating through any kind of social media.
- They openly speak their truth to offer balance and goodwill to society and the workplace.
- Education is one of their core values. While it may not always take place in a traditional classroom setting, they seek innovative ways to learn and evolve.
- They believe in authenticity. If they perceive your brand is focused on only making money and not giving back to the community, they will call you out and offer suggestions on how to make the world a better place.
Focus on unconventional strategies to recruit Generation Z. They will be a valuable asset to your workforce.
Engage. Encourage. Educate. And, make it a great day !