Photo by TerriC
Jeff Bezos, Founder, Chairman and CEO of amazon.com, said, “We see our customers as guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.”
If you believe that your employees and customers deserve the best service that is available, implement these ideas and you will be well on your way to having loyal followers:
1) Be THE Chief Customer Officer…Be a rockstar ! Be energetic !
2) Ask a sample group of customers (you determine the size) for their opinion on your products and services. Don’t delay. Give them feedback with your plan of how you will implement their ideas. Also, ask them about the quality of interactions they have with employees and management. Their response will help you determine the type of customer service coaching your team may need.
3) Be loyal to your employees—that is a sure path to getting and retaining loyal customers. Employees cannot pass on to customers what they perceive they do not get from management.
4) Read relevant site reviews like Yelp and industry specific sites. Find out where users look for feedback to make their decisions.
5) Give your team frequent and exciting customer service training/coaching throughout the year. Subsequently, they will become empowered and confident in situations that demand immediate resolution.
6) Unashamedly exhibit your vulnerability—admit when you have made a mistake; quickly offer genuine apologies and follow up with a productive resolution. By doing so, your leadership qualities will shine and employees will have more respect for you.
7) Say “please” and “thank you”
Happy Holidays !!