Those who know me best know that I abhor the notion of my time being wasted. Time is precious and cannot be recovered or replaced because of its finality. Money on the other hand, can be recovered although it may take considerable time to make up what you lost, the possibility remains.
I have long coached clients and mentors on the importance of developing and implementing a laser-focused plan for ANY goal that they want to accomplish. Record your top priorities and break down the steps in which you will accomplish them.
You will find a few tips listed below that will help you save your time and money. By properly allocating your time you will spend less time making up for mistakes which can cost you a lot of money.
* Do not get “caught up” on tasks that prove to be unproductive.
* Do not worry about things that you cannot control. An article in the Daily Mail reports that worrying causes our brain to function poorly http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-97853/What-worrying-does-health.html. So, STOP WORRYING!!
* Do not dwell on past mistakes–learn from them and apply that knowledge to future projects. Don’t compare yourself to others.
* Spending an extraordinary amount of time on social media will not get you any closer to completing your daily tasks unless that is your goal. Social media has become an important element in our professional and personal lives, but productive people control the amount of time they spend on it otherwise they would not accomplish anything on their daily task list.
* Some people fail to put themselves on their own priority list. Make yourself a priority – get 8 hours of sleep each night, have a healthy nutrition plan and stick with an exercise program that you enjoy. According to an article produced by the Mayo Clinic, a productive exercise program includes 150 minutes of moderate cardio or 75 minutes of vigorous activity per week, http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/expert-answers/exercise/faq-20057916
Time and money are precious. Each is difficult to recover. When they belong to YOU, don’t let ANYONE them.
Make it a great day.