Many people ask me for the formula to create an awesome career.
First and foremost, be certain that you are working in the industry that makes you happy. Americans spend two-thirds of the day away from home—usually in an employment situation. If you are not happy, that could make for a very miserable lifestyle.
Consider the following:
* Are you comfortable working for someone else or do you have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
* Understand how to identify problems and make a detailed suggestion to management on how to resolve it. You will be viewed as a problem solver and a leader.
- Get a mentor. Ask someone you revere if they will teach you the critical elements of success. Mentorship is not taught from a book.
- Read EVERYTHING about the “hot” topics in your industry and your workplace. Be ready to effortlessly dialogue about how you can help the organization become a leader among the competition.
- Determine what you want to do in 3-5 years (KNOW AND PLAN YOUR GOALS !)
- Be a leader yet understand how to follow exceptional leadership.ß
Show that you are interested in meetings by taking copious notes. Participate in meetings by leading discussions on topics that are important to peers and management.
If you do not have these attributes, make every effort to obtain them:
- Develop strong customer relationships
- Be confident and professional AT ALL TIMES so that you make a lasting impression with peers and executives
- Create a wardrobe and dress for the position that you want to acquire
- Possess refined social graces
Elite Customer Service, LLC provides coaching and training in all of these areas. Schedule an appointment with us. It is our pleasure to help you.